1. Oxidation. Releases new ecological atomic oxygen that oxidizes reactive groups within bacteria; it kills all microorganisms, including bacterial spores and viruses. Surface disinfection is the main method, such as chlorine dioxide, hydrogen peroxide, ozone, sodium hypochlorite, etc.
2. Aldehydes. Protein denaturation or alkylation; effective against bacteria, spores, fungi and viruses. But temperature has a big impact. Such as formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, etc. Such disinfectants can be used as bactericides.
3. Phenols. Protein denaturation, precipitation, or inactivation of enzymatic systems; bactericidal features are effective against fungi and certain viruses.
4. Alcohol. Denaturation of proteins interferes with metabolism; it is effective against bacteria, but not against spores, fungi and viruses, such as ethanol and ethylene glycol. This type of disinfectant is a medium-efficiency disinfectant and can only be used for general disinfection.
5. Alkali and salt. Denaturation, precipitation or dissolution of protein; it can kill bacterial propagules, bacterial spores, viruses and some microorganisms that are not easy to kill. Strong bactericidal effect and strong corrosiveness, such as sodium hydroxide, calcium oxide, table salt (non-corrosive), etc., generally can only be used as preventive disinfectants and sterile detergents.
6. Halogen. The active genes in oxidative bacteria combine with amino groups to denature proteins; they can kill most microorganisms, mainly surface disinfection, and their properties are unstable. Its bactericidal effect is greatly affected by environmental conditions, such as sodium hypochlorite, oil green net, etc. This type of disinfectant is a medium-effect disinfectant and can be used as a general disinfectant.
7. Surfactant. Change the permeability of the cell membrane, make the cytoplasm leak out, hinder respiration or denature protease; it can kill bacterial propagules, but has little effect on spores, fungi, viruses, tuberculosis, etc. It works well under alkaline and neutral conditions, such as bromine, Baidu sand, etc. This type of disinfectant is medium and low-efficiency, and can be used as a general disinfectant.
Post time: Jan-15-2022